Saturday, February 13, 2010

Legal profession in Japan

One of the characteristics of Japanese legal system is that there are several licenses of legal professions. It seems to be difficult for people in foreign countries to figure out which is the best lawyer for them.

I will keep moving with this topic during the next few entries, and explain the differences of each licenses and how to effectively use the lawyers in Japan.

Moreover, when I am asked to do some legal job and it is not my scope of practice, I would be glad to introduce other lawyers, free of charge. If you are unsure about proper lawyers, feel free to ask me.


weena said...

hello good morning i would like to register a business here in japan can you recommend to me a lawyer who can help me to fix it ?im filipina my visa is specialist in humanities im living in shinjuku tokyo.

thank you,

tds said...

Hello. I would appreciate your sending the detailed information of you and your business. My contact information is on my website below.

Unknown said...


I don't know if you still reply to messages.
I have an international school in Japan and a permanent visa. I would like to have a worker recruitment licence. Could you please recommend a lawyer for me? Preferably a lawyer that speaks English.

tds said...


Please send me an email. I will refer you to my friend firm.